Saturday, June 27, 2009

Blistering Bodies in Bilbao

The blog is now interactive, you can vote one of us out of the dorm room.
We are having a competition involving the readers as to who is suffering the most.

The status of the three players is as follows:
Greta: blisters (all seven of them) have been burst, feet are stinging and oversized, only the day ahead will tell if I should be put down or not.
Debbie: luggage is lost, she is now forced to entertain the idea of spending time naked. Her suitcase including her contact lenses and her orthotics are gone. I offered to rent her single items clothing for a substantial fee. Julie has tried to undercut that fee. Wisely, Debbie has selected the multipurpose sarong from me and the runners from Julie. She is also using the airline supplied toothbrush and I am thinking of selling her the Cathay Pacific socks that I put in my bag.
Julie has a permanently raised core body temperature, and it is really hot here. It turns out that the hotel does not actually have operational air conditioning, instead, it has a non-oscilating fan which is situated under the skylight and blows air straight out into the Spanish sky bypassing us all together.

Who do you think can stand the challenge of the day ahead?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha!!!! Oh you poor things!!! Even though I know I will be accused of biased, I have to say that my vote is with mum in the worst problem category. Losing your luggage and having your travel-mates ransom back airline products at inflated prices?! So not fun on a holiday!

Things here are going well. I had the ball last night with dad and had a fantastic time. He was extremely well-behaved and ended up dragging me to the dance floor more times than I could count! He really got down and had a boogie!

I will keep reading your blog Greta, hilarious! Take care, have fun, and I hope things take a turn for the better!

All my love to you all. xoxoxo

Tanya Montgomery said...

A good measure of sangria and i'd walk on my hands just to get to the guggenheim. Easy.

Live it up girl!

Love Monty

Dementos said...

I think that is a very hard question. I reckon Julie can stand the days ahead but you others are pretty much completely stuffed. I wish you good luck with your travels (I think you will need this luck badly)
xoxoxo
Colette