Saturday, December 2, 2006

Twelve more sleeps

“Work like you don’t need the money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching.” --- Satchel Paige

Rarely am I one for comforting homolies and good willed advice, in fact I usually hear such sentiments in my head spoken in the voice of a third rate breakfast TV show presenter, but the holiday spirit is upon me. I do like the idea of the falmenco shoes though and plan to try to find some in red suede. The only problem is that my Lonely Planet guide to Mexico has references for flamingos but not flamenco.

I figure that if I concentrate on issues like the purchase of shoes, the ethics of being part of the crowd at a bull fight, and exactly which jacket will serve me best in New York; then the boring stuff will evaporate.

1 comment:

Ethel said...

Dear Greta
hello!! have a good time when you go and good sleeps before you go.
Hope you get the flamenco shoes and not the flamingos.
Love
Ethel