Monday, January 5, 2009

Snow Drift

A visit to the old Spitelfield market, Brick Lane and all the little markets around there was the order of the day. There were food stalls from all over the world, lots of guys selling CDs of funk music (apparently there is a revival), second hand clothes stall and heaps of I-made-it-myself stalls of interesting clothes made out of carpet or doilies or felt. I liked the doilies best.

I found a Hugo Boss overcoat of black cashmere but it was two sizes too big for me. Luckily, the Polish guy next to me found a navy blue knee length wool coat that was two sizes too small for him. We swapped, complimented each other and sautered off having parted with £10 each. The buses got the better of me and I ended up having a scenic tour of London trying to get back to Marble Arch then return to Oxford. I will return for a rematch.

This morning I spoke to Tony and told him how mild the weather had been before I opened the curtains. I got excited and almost raced in to wake up Sandy and Benny when I realised that they had probably seen snow before. It is drifting down and the path from the back door to the garden shed is white. It is picture perfect. So much so that I am glad we are off to Portugal today where it is 16 degrees.

No comments: