Saturday, January 10, 2009

War Museum

The drive back from Birmingham to Oxford was late, the roads were slippery and the temperature was minus 4. I was okay because I was not behind the wheel. The motorways behaved themselves and I got home to Oxford with Superbock (Portugese beer) and octopus behind me.

So back to London to finish the museums. Today was the Imperial War Museum. A pretty impressive place but no mention of the current war, of course. There were many effective maps, photos interactive displays and quite shocking stuff. The weaponry was huge, but I don't know enough about it to really understand what I was looking at.

Dinner was a pizza place called la Porcheta. For minute I feared that it might be the Melbourne chain spreading out, but thankfully not. The food was just lovely and after dinner Christine and I sat up talking over old times. Tomorrow night I am off to Edinburgh. I will revert to my maiden name (Mckay) while there and see if it does me any good.

No comments: