Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Unemcumbered

Just in case you have forgotten, (as I have tried to do for the last few days) the purpose of our visit to Spain was to deliver a conference paper. For those poor souls who have missed a discussion about my enthusiasm for the pedagogical value of podcasting , just let me know of your interest and I will email you all the slides, film footage, podcasts and complete bibliography - enjoy!
Debbie and I have given our presentation and at least some of the things on the list below are true. Again, I am going interactive. Each of you has to decide for yourself which of the following things actually happened. You can comment in the blog or email me with your guesses. The first correct entry wins a personal reiteration of our presentation.

  1. A good crowd showed up to our presentation.
  2. We were foisted above the masses in attendance and crowd surfed out the door in a blaze of glory.
  3. A few people thought we delivered the best session they had ever been to.
  4. The technology failed us.
  5. People followed us, plying us with almost embarrassing congratulatory remarks.
  6. We have both been offered jobs.
  7. I got nervous, but I don’t think it showed.
  8. The Spanish national anthem was sung (in Catalan).
  9. We ran out of handouts.
  10. We have been invited to make a series of podcasts for Barcelona University.

So you can decide for yourself.
The real news is that we are freed of our obligations and now feel positively unemcumbered. Free at last. Free to do what you ask. Well, it is Barcelona, and we are over 21.

No comments: