Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wait for me



In the jazz bar in Madrid that I found, one of the fellow tourists I was with asked for food. The waiter said that they did not have food, just really good waiters, and indeed it seemed to be true. He even pointed to himself as the proof. In a bar near the Rasta (Euorpe´s biggest flea market) I stopped to have a coffee and each waiter was more handsome than the next. Eventually I gave up dignity and took a photograph.
These guys are not students with a part-time job, they are career waiters who know exactly what they are doing and perform with just the right balance of efficiency and cheek. They shoo away the pests trying to sell flowers or Chanel No. 5, watch carefully for the right moment to take away the dirty plates and offer you another drink, and they move with grace and style. The food was delicious too.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Greta,

I'm reading your blog avidly, and dreaming of when I can go to Spain. Can't wait to see the photos of the handsome waiters.

Hope you have a good day today, I look forward to reading what you get up to. I went to hear Chris Langford at Hardimans last night. Clare was ok, but I've seen her better.bye for now, Love liz Lacey